This is Frida, the sheep:
Frieda can be used as a cute applique or as easter ornament for your easter decoration.
And here is what you need to make your own Frieda:
Yarn: Nizza Steinbach Wolle, 100% Cotton, any sport/baby cotton yarn will work great. White, black, brown and a bit of pink for the nose.
Hook: 3 mm. Tapestry needle
Stitches used: Chain (ch), single crochet (sc), double crochet (dc), half double crochet (hdc), slip stitch (ss).
Specials: Magic ring, working in front loop only (FLO) and back loop only (BLO)
General information: the bows of the sheep will be worked in front loops only (FLO), the hdc of the next round will be worked in the back loop of the same round.
1. Magic ring, ch2, 10 hdc, ss in first hdc
2. Ch2, 2 hdc in each stitch around (20 hdc), ss in first hdc.
3. Ch2, *1 hdc, 2 hdc in one stitch* repeat for the whole round (30 hdc)
4. work all stitches FLO!!!
*Ch2 (counts as hdc)- 3 dc* in one stitch, ch 1, *3 dc-1hdc* in next stitch repeat pattern for whole round, ss (makes 9 bows total)
5. work all stitches in BLO!!!
Ch2, * 1 hdc, 2 hdc in one stitch* repeat for the whole round, ss in first hdc
6. *Ch3 (first dc)- 2 dc- 1 hdc* in first stitch, ch1,[ * 1hdc – 3 dc* in one stitch, ch1, *3 dc-1 hdc*] in next stitch; repeat  for all stitches, ss in ch3. all stitches worked through both loops.
1. Magic ring, ch1, 6 sc, ss in first sc.
2. ch1, 2x 2 sc in one stitch, 2×2 hdc in one stitch, 2×2 sc in one stitch, ss in first sc.
3. work the following stitches continuously:
1 sc, 2 sc in one, 1 sc, 2 sc in one, 1 hdc, 2 hdc in one, 1 hdc, 1 hdc and 1 sc in one, 1 sc, 2 sc, ch4 -work down the chain: 1 sc, 2 hdc in one, 2 hdc in one
then continue: 2 sc, ss in first ss of this round, ch4 – work down the chain: 1 sc, 2 hdc in one, 2 hdc in one, ss in next stitch.
Fasten off, leave a long tail tow sew head onto the body! Embroider eyes in black or white (depending on the colour you used) and the nose and mouth in pink.
Feet : worked 2 x
Ch8, 7 sc. fasten off, leave a tail to sew onto the body.
Sew them on the body between the two rows of bows.
If you want to make it smaller, skip round 3 on body and start with bows (round 4 in this pattern) as the third round – remeber to work the third round in FLO then!
If you want a bigger sheep, continue this pattern with increasing hdc ( always 1 hdc – 2 hdc inone stitch) in the basic round (BLO) and then work the bows (FLO).
Questions ? Email me or comment below!