English pattern for tractor applique
Yarn: Catania grande, 100% cotton, in green, white, black and yellow. Nizza Steinbach Wolle, 100% cotton, in black and silver
Hook: 4mm (for tractor and wheels) and 3 mm (for the exhaust). Tapestry needle.
Stitches: Chain (ch), single crochet (sc), half double crochet (hdc), slip stitch (ss).
Specials: Magic ring.
1. Ch 13, turn, 12 sc.
2. – 7. Ch 1, 12 sc
8. Ch 1, 6 sc
9. – 12. Ch 1, 1 sc in green, end stitch with white yarn, 4 sc in white, end last with green, 1 sc in green.
13. Crochet one round of sc in each stitch around the whole tractor, make 2 sc in the corner stitches. Fasten off, weave in the ends.
1. Magic ring in white
2. ch 1, 6 sc in ring, ss in first sc (end with black yarn).
3. ch 1, 2 sc in each stitch (12 sc in black), ss in first sc.
4. ch 2, *1 hdc, 1 ss* repeat for the whole round, ss in chain. Fasten off, weave in the ends.
1. Magic ring in white
2. ch 2, 6 hdc in ring, ss in first hdc (end with black yarn).
3. ch 2, 2 hdc in each stitch (12 hdc in black), ss in first hdc.
4. ch 2, * 1 hdc, 2 hdc in one stitch* repeat for the whole round (18 hdc), ss in first hdc.
5. ch 2, *1 hdc, 1 ss* repeat for the whole round, ss in chains.
Sew the wheels in the tractor.
Embroider the steering wheel with black yarn and tapestry needle in back stitches.
Lights: yellow, 4 mm hook
Draw a loop, 1 ss, 1 sc, 1 ss, fasten off, weave in the ends.
Exhaust: in silver, 3 mm hook
1. Draw a loop, 2 sc in one stitch, 1 sc
2. ch 1, turn, 4 sc ( last sc in starting loop!)
3. – 5. ch 1, 4 sc
6. ch 1, 1 sc, 2tog, 1 sc (3 sc). fasten off.
5. make ss around the exhaust. fasten off, weave in the ends.
Hello :) I wondered if I could have your permission to translate you recipi to Danish, so that I could make your sweet little tractor, for private use only of course :)
Lots of yarn smiles, Lene
Sorry for my late reply! Of course you can translate the pattern if you need to. If you want to share the pattern in danish – thats fine too, as long as you make clear that it is originally my pattern and link it to the page where the original pattern can be found!
Thank you and enjoy it :)
Hello, I’m stuck at step 2, can you verify what i should do when it says -7?
In row 7 from the main part pattern you make one chain and turn, then crochet 12 single crochet.
I hope that helps!
Now I got it: it means for row 2 until row 7 you make one fhain then 12 single crochet.!