The aliens are coming! Make cute little UFO’s applique in about 30 minutes.
Here is what you need:
Yarn: I used SMC Catania grande, 100% cotton, 50 g/ 63 m, in light blue, light green, blue, green. Catania in silver, yellow and orange, 100% cotton. You can use any light worset or sports yarn that goes with a 4 and 3 mm hook.
Hook: 4mm for the UFO itself and 3 mm for the lights and cockpit
Stitches: ch, sc, dc,ss (click here to see info for the abbrevations)
Specials: magic ring, kitchener stitch to apply cockpit and lines
Tools: tapestry needle, scissor
Start with the bottom:
Ch3 at the beginning of each row counts as first dc throught the work.
Last dc(s) in row will be made in the 3rd chain of the pervious round.
- Ch 10, turn
- 7 dc, 2 dc in the 3rd ch
- ch3, *2 dc in one stitch, 1 dc* repeat * (15 dc)
- ch3, 1 dc, 2 dc in one stitch, * 1dc, 1 dc, 2 dc in one stitch* repeat * (20 dc)
- fasten off, weave in the ends.
start at the upper end of the bottom part.
1. Draw a loop, 2 sc together, 5 sc (6sc)2. – 4. ch1, 6 sc5. ch 1, 2 tog, 2 sc, 2 tog (3 sc)6. ch 1, 2 times 2 tog (2 sc)fasten off, weave in the ends.
Make a round of sc in each stitch around the work, 2 sc in the corner stitches.
Lights: work 2 or 3 times with 3mm Hook
1. magic ring
2. ch 1, 4 sc, ss in first sc. fasten off, leave a long tail to sew it on the UFO.
Embroider the cockpit and a line in the middle of the bottom part of the UFo in silver (3mm hook).
Sew lights on the UFO.
And you’re ready to go on your first space adventure :)