Pimp your jam jars with this cute cozies!
Make them flat or fill them with cotton – and use them as pincushion! Organization has never been so easy :)
Materials you need to get started:
- Jam Jars with lid diameter of 7 cm
- 100% cotton yarn (Catania fine) in different colours OR 100 % polyacrylic yarn (SCM Bravo)
- 3 mm hook
- double faced adhesive tape OR hook and loop fastener
- scissor and tapestry needle
- sheet of cardboard and cut out circles in the dimensions of the lid
- washi tape and labels for decoration
Stitches used: Magic ring, slip stitch (ss), single crochet (sc), half double crochet (hdc), reverse single crochet (rsc), crochet 2 stitches together (2 tog)
Simple flat pink cozy
- Magic ring, ch 1, 10 sc – crochet in spirals!!! NO SS!!!
- 2 sc in each (20 sc)
- 20 sc
- *1 sc, 2 sc in next stitch* (30)
- *1 sc, 1 sc, 2 sc in next* (40)
- 40 sc
- * 1 sc, 1 sc, 1 sc, 2 sc in next* (50)
- 50 sc in back loops only (BLO)
- 50 sc through both loops
- repeat the row 9 until it covers the side part of th lid ( I made 3 rounds)
- 50 reverse single crochet for the edging
Add the double face adhesive tape to the small part of the lid. Put the cozy over and fix it around the tape!
Filled pastel Cozy
Make it in one colour or in more if you like. I made stripes, each three rounds!
- Magic ring, ch1, 10 sc, ss
- ch2, 2 hdc in each stitch around – NO SS; crochet in rounds now! (20)
- *2 hdc in one stitch, 1 hdc* (30)
- 30 hdc
- * 1 hdc, 1 hdc, 2 hdc* (40)
- *1 hdc, 1 hdc, 1 hdc, 2 hdc* (50)
- 50 hdc
- *1 hdc, 1hdc, 1hdc, 1hdc, 2 hdc* (60)
- 60 hdc
- 60 hdc
- 1 hdc in each stitch, 2 hdc in every 10th stitch (66)
- boarder: ch 1, ss in same stitch, *skip 1 stitch, 5 hdc in next stitch, skip 1 stitch, 1 ss in next stitch* repeat for the whole round. fasten off.
- Magic ring, ch1 , 5 sc, no ss, go in rounds now!
- 2 sc in each stitch (10)
- * 1 sc, 2 sc in next stitch * (15)
- 15 sc
- * 1 sc, 2 tog* (10)
- *2 tog* for the remaining stitches (5)
Fill it with cotton, pull tight and fasten off. Keep a long tail to sew it to the cozy.
Put the adhesive tape around the lid, fill the cozy with cotton. Cut out a circle of cardboard (in the measurements of the lid!). Put it into the cozy to close the cotton filling. pull the cozy over the tape and fix it.
Coffee pincushion cozy
- Chain 45 in colour 1, close it to a ring with a ss. Crochet in rounds now!
- 3 x 45 sc
- 1 sc, 3 sc in each 9 th stitch (55)
- 55 sc
- 1 sc in each stitch, skip every 11th stitch (50)
- 1 sc in each stitch, skip every 10th stitch (45)
- 1 sc in each stitch, skip every 9th stitch (40)
- 1 sc in each stitch, skip every 8th stitch (35)
- *4 sc, skip 1 stitch, 1 sc, skip 1 stitch* (25)
- *2 sc, skip 1 stitch, 1 sc, skip 1 stitch* (15)
- *1 sc, 2 tog* (10)
- *2 tog* (5)
- Pull the last 5 stitches together. Fasten off.
Change the colour, add 3 or 4 rounds of sc to the edge (or as long as you need to put it around the lid).
Fill the cozy with cotton. Cut out a circle of cardboard (in the measurements of the lid!). Put it into the cozy to close the cotton filling.
Take a long thread of colour 2,now make 5 equal divisions where the increases are (go from the edge to the middle, pull the thread through the middle out on the next spot on the edge). Pull the thread tight, so that the 5 divisions get visible. Fasten off and weave in the ends.
Pull the cozy over the lid with the adhesive tape. Decorate!
Finished :) Now decide what to put in and enjoy :)